Being a Buddy is a rewarding experience which puts you directly on the Miracle League Diamond. It gives you the opportunity to work one on one with a player. Your commitment to the player enables him or her to play the great game of baseball in a team environment, something many of our players have never had the opportunity to experience.
Each player bats every inning and bats until they hit the ball. There are no outs and every player scores a run.
1) To protect the Miracle League player at all times. (e.g. if a ball is coming at a player at a high rate of speed Buddy should step in front of player).
2) A Buddy should provide encouragement and show enthusiasm for the player’s efforts.
3) Assist player, according to the player’s needs, to bat, run etc., but still giving the player as much freedom as possible to play his/her own game.
4) Be a good spirit with enthusiasm, a good attitude and motivate the players.
5) Talk to your player, get them involved.
1) Arrive at field 30 minutes prior to game time.
2) Must be wearing yellow Buddy shirt on the field. Shirt is provided at Buddy Registration booth.
3) Demonstrate high morals and integrity on and off the field.
4) Buddies must be at least 12 years of age or older and are required to sign a waiver form.
5) Buddies must always face the play to ensure the safety of their player.
6) Use of cell phones on the field is prohibited.